Garage Door Spring Repair Dowagiac MI
Garage door springs are one of the most important components of a garage door. They work diligently to support the garage door’s weight as it moves. For the garage door to function, springs must be working properly. There are two types of springs: torsion and extension, which are dangerous in their own ways. Torsion springs employ a type of rotational force called torque, while extension springs stretch when in use. Both springs are instrumental in balancing the garage door’s weight while in movement.
During the day-to-day operation, springs undergo an extensive amount of wear and tear. If you’re constantly using your garage door and don’t maintain your springs, they may last fewer than 5 years. When a garage door spring breaks, we always recommend that you contact a professional team for garage door spring repair. Even when broken, springs carry trapped tension that could be released at any moment. This can cause severe injury, which is why we suggest that you don’t attempt spring repair at home. Garage Doors Plus More is your local, expert team ready to take on garage door spring repair near you.
Make An Appointment
Would recommend to anyone
Karlie N Tyler Cook
My wife and I just had a new garage door installed at our home. Service was quick, professional, and very fair priced. Would recommend to anyone looking for a repair or anything new.
Will definetly use them for any other door issues.
The guys were friendly and informative. Will definetly use them for any other door issues. Thx again.
They are very professional and on time and their prices are very reasonable I will recommend them to everyone I know
Why Do Springs Break?
Wear and Tear: This is the number one cause of spring damage. Garage door springs are constantly carrying the weight of the garage door, which leads to excess strain. When the spring has reached the end of its lifespan, it will snap.
Neglected Maintenance: Because springs are under such a labor-intensive role, they need to be maintained. During a garage door tune up, springs will be cleaned, tightened, and lubricated. This can help to extend their lifespan and improve their functionality.
Rust Build Up: Over time, rust can build up on garage door springs. This can increase friction, which contributes to wear and tear. If you are scheduling garage door maintenance, this is something that can be taken care of then.
Unbalanced Parts: A garage door functions well when all parts are balanced. If there’s a broken spring, it will throw off the balance. This can cause the garage door to move jerkily or slam shut. During a garage door tune up, a door balance test is performed, which ensures that everything is balanced correctly.
Why You Shouldn’t Delay Spring Repair
- Safety: When there’s a broken spring in your garage, it could be picked up by a child or family member. The garage door may also slam shut or move unreliably, which poses a safety hazard.
- Damage: With a broken garage door spring, there’s not as much control over the garage door’s movement. The door could be damaged itself or damage other parts. The garage door opener will also take on extra strain when a spring’s broken, which can burn it out.
- Cost: If you wait to schedule garage door spring repair, it could result in other issues within your garage door system. This contributes to higher costs that could have been avoided. For the cost-efficient option, stop using your garage door when a spring breaks and call for garage repair as soon as possible.
Signs You Need Spring Repair
- Garage door won’t open.
- Garage door only opens partially.
- Garage door moves at an angle.
- Garage door is heavy when you try to manually open it.
- Garage door slams shut.
- Garage door has loose or fallen cables.
- Garage door springs are elongated.
- Garage door makes strange, grinding noises.
- Garage door spring coils have 3-4 inch gaps.
Offering Garage Door Spring Repair Near You
Garage Doors Plus More handles garage door spring repair near you! Do you have a broken garage door spring? Our team is well-trained to take on spring repair with expertise and efficiency. Give us a call today! Our service areas include Cassapolis MI, La Grange MI, Pokagon MI, and South Bend IN!